Pillar 3: Great Partners
Making Regional and Global Connections That Enhance Our Mission and Serve the People
Over the next five years, we will strengthen our existing partnerships and establish new partnerships that enhance our mission in the following ways:
- Building on the model of the UCI-OC Alliance by engaging with a broader set of regional community members who have special interests in supporting the success of our students.
- Expanding local partnerships that help the campus be of greater service to the Orange County community.
- Ensuring that UC Irvine is contributing to innovative business development and workforce preparation within the regional innovation ecosystem.
- Expanding our partnerships with national efforts, such as the Alliance of Hispanic Serving Research Universities, to build new pathways to graduate education and the professoriate for historically underrepresented students.
- Maintaining international collaborations that advance global knowledge and contribute to the intellectual and cultural fabric of the campus while also defending principles of academic freedom, research integrity, transparency, and our ethical and legal obligations to our federal sponsors.
- Enhancing community connection to the campus by inviting more members of the community to engage with UC Irvine Athletics, Claire Trevor School of the Arts performances and exhibitions, and the work of the Langson Institute and Museum of California Art.